Friday, February 1, 2008

KinderConcert

For our first Grandma Day of 2008 we went to a concert for kids. It was put on by the Ann Arbor Symphony and the local library. They play classical music while guiding the children in movement. They focus on one particular instrument at each concert.

Today's was the flute. She showed them different flutes (alto, picollo and pan) and had the children guess which ones made high notes and which ones made lower notes. She also picked Elianna to blow the regular flute. She was one of only two children who were allowed to try it out. Then afterwards, she was the only one to play the piano. I think it was her VERY polite,"Mam, can I please play your piano?"

During one of the movements, they passed out large pieces of silky fabric. The children were to dance with their adult partner. Most silks were neon colors but we received a plain white one. That didn't even matter to Elianna. She really enjoyed the whole concert.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

Please note that my spell check is not working! Blogger has a bug and they are working on it.
If you happen to see a mispelled word please notify me by phone or e-mail!!!!

Angela said...

We can all spell-check each other. I was already annoyed that they don't have spell check in the comments... and there's no way to edit a comment once it's left!! I have a built-in spell check: my hubby. He reads all my posts and comments and says, "Did you mean to spell it like that?" Grrr...

Angela said...

Elianna had such a great time. She asked me yesterday if we could go to the "Big Library" instead of the "Little Library," since she wanted to play the piano again.

"